Wednesday, October 30, 2002

Escher-esque Experience
One day last week, I had a meeting in the City, and early afternoonish, was getting a train from Cricklewood BR to Blackfriars. I know, I live on the edge. So I'm standing on the platform, and I see an older guy, in quite a distinctive flat cap, who looks remarkably like Z's dad. But I'm not sure. I don't want to go up to him and say hi and find out he's a random older man and feel a fool. So I call Z at work, and say "I'm at Cricklewood Thameslink, and there's a guy who looks kinda like your dad... do you think it's him?" We discuss it for a while, and then my train comes.

Saw Z last night, and she told me that her dad said to her, "Saw your friend Sasha at Cricklewood station, but I didn't go and talk to her because she looked busy. She was on the phone."

I wonder what I would have done before mobile phones?

No comments: