Monday, October 14, 2002

That Was The Weekend That Was
Hi-speed selected-highlights roundup: dinner on Friday night included side-splittingly funny conversation about "needless bother". You know how it is; you've had a few drinks, everyone's mellow and laid back, the conversation flows, everything's so funny. When I got home, I couldn't remember why it was so funny, and L was worried that I would misrepresent him to the world. Ran into A, there, who've I've not seen for (insert long-time-length similie of your choice).

Lunch on Saturday was fun, and D stayed around a little afterwards, but I was so zonked after a week of getting to Battersea for 9am, that he went home. Not that I'm not great company, of course. Saturday night, it was supposed to be (another) D's party, but it was only when I talked to Z, just back from Morocco, that I found out it had been postponed. Nothing like feeling a fool and turning up to a cancelled party.

Couple of weekends ago, I was away staying with friends, and my flatmate was home with a couple of people, and the doorbell rang, late. Someone looking for me. Turned out it was B, arriving at my party a month early. Which is ironic, because he's usually late. What I don't know is, whether he was in fancy dress, as I think my flatmate talked to him through the intercom.

Anyway, I ended up going round to Z and D's with A, where Kaifeng take-out (of the non-vegetarian kind) was consumed. I ate seaweed, which was cool. Apparently seaweed isn't really seaweed, but deep-fried greens, but what do I know.

Yesterday, kept waiting for the rain to stop so I could creosote the new step my neighbour replaced on the terrace, but I kept getting the timing wrong. And also, I don't think you can creosote when it's wet. I had a dream that my whole house fell apart in a storm because I hadn't protected it in the rain. Also, when it rains, there is a strange clanging noise in my bedroom (in the eaves), which I think is something loose banging against the wall, but it only happens at night (or I'm only in my bedroom at night) and I don't know how I find out what it is. Any suggestions?

No comments: