Wednesday, November 13, 2002

I know what I'm missing: lack of focus. I could pretend that I'm eclectic or renaissance-stylee, but in truth, I'm unboxable.

Which is mostly fine, but sometimes not. So when I register for weblog portals and the like, and you have to say what "kind" of weblog you are; I don't know. I'm just me. If I had to say in one sentence what it is I write here - apart from it being the stuff in my head - I don't think I could.

Then a friend suggested I use my flat for filming/photographic work, which seemed like a good idea. So I took a bunch of photos, put them online, and registered with a few location agencies. They all want to put you in a box: contemporary/minimalist. I'm a maximalist, really. In the end I settled on "...this eclectically decorated, architect designed flat has furnishings ranging from art deco through to ethnic and contemporary". Which means no-one will be abe to categorise me to enter me in a database, and hence I won't have film crews trooping through my house. Which, obviously, could be a good thing.

No comments: