Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Too Sick To Blog
Things have been kinda quiet the last few days, I know. I've got a cold: it's not life-threatening - if I had a job, I'd go into work and whinge, rather than stay home, but I feel crappy and bunged up and have a desperate urge for Heinz tomato soup (in terms of comfort food).

So I have done stuff - The Price, at The Tricycle, I saw Monday with my cousin, and it's fantastic. It's a great script (Arthur Miller, all his usual themes; brothers, families, the depression), and Warren Mitchell as Solomon is mind-blowingly funny. The audience was, in my humble estimation, 73% Jewish, and because of the free seating setup of the Tricycle theatre space, this caused a few little ruckuses. Ruckii? So everyone's "saving a seat" for their friend, much like they put towels on the best sunbed in the morning in Marbella, so you can't really sit anywhere. And then the people who didn't have the foresight to bagsy a place, arrive late and insist in guilt-stricken tones than everyone must move up and be squashed for them. Little them. Of course, they are not so little, because they've been eating Ashkenazi diary-laden, carb-loaded food their whole lives. I refused to play - there was genuinely no room - and the woman sitting next to me spent the whole performance sending guilt-rays in my direction, as her friend had to sit behind her and she wanted me to feel bad. I suspect she didn't enjoy the play.

And I went for a job interview where they said I was great, better than the internal candidate, but that's their policy. Yeah, that's fair.

So I'm going to finish my copy, put my washing on, make comfort food, watch a video, snuggle up in bed.

Oh, also, I wrote a short story. I'd be interested in feedback - particularly from people I don't know - providing you have a real (ie, not a hotmail-stylee) address; so mail me. I reserve the right to refuse, but it's unlikely.

And I'll post more when I feel more energetic, I promise.

No comments: