Wednesday, December 18, 2002

Un-road Ragette
Getting back into the commuting thang - two thoughts.

One: When they write "no reported problems" in large, friendly letters at Kilburn station, they should also say "but no trains either" - I waited fifteen minutes this morning. But at least I could read up on swaps, options and swaptions while I was delayed.

Two: I think I'm going to sell my car. Not because I am commited to London's transport infrastructure plan - although I do, of course, have a bus shelter, but no stop, outside my front door, and I know I should stop going on about it - but because it costs me a sizeable sum to run it each year, and I only do 6,000 miles. Although, being a soft-top, I may have to wait till the weather picks up. For what I spend in car/maintenance/insurance/petrol, I could get a taxi any time I wanted, and never have to worry about my car.

No comments: