Wednesday, January 08, 2003

I just have too much to do. I have four days worth of financial services copy to finish by Friday, a bunch of derivatives research to do, calls to US to make, and a whole lotta numbers to crunch for my new job. Basically, I'm trying to finish off the old stuff, and plan for the new stuff, all at the same time. I'm planning to do four days at my new job before I start in mid-February.

I do feel a certain kind of energy-buzz (like I was up till 3am on Monday, developing conference ideas), but I think it affects the, er - sorry to be so pretentious - muse.

Also, I spent two hours last night entering names in a spreadsheet for the derivatives thing, and this morning, it's gone. I know I saved it, but it's genuinely disappeared, along with an email I got yesterday. I don't believe all that "computers don't like you" crap, but I'm pissed off. However, the practical-me (second cousin to the mini-me) thinks I should just do it again, rather than spend two hours harping on about it and looking for it.

No comments: