Sunday, January 26, 2003

Just done minimum-level washing up before I go to bed: it's one thing not waking up to dirty pots, it's quite another being extra-anal about perfection. Had a fun evening, which I've had too much to drink to discuss in detail. For some reason, we got to talking about spies, and I remembered going to a friend's wedding in Israel, and an old friend of my Mum's being there. When he walked in - a fiftyish man, in a seen-better-days suit, everyone yelled "hey, it's Jonny the spy!". He did something for Mossad, apparently. One of those Jewish secrets; everyone knows, really. I wonder how the Israeli secrets services run when everyone appears to treat their secrets like a family cheesecake recipe that your grandmother said you shouldn't share, but just this once can't hurt.

No comments: