Tuesday, January 07, 2003

So my new - temporary - office is opposite the Pret a Manger on the Haymarket, and everyday I've been there, I've gone across the road to buy a More Than Mozzarella sandwich.

I know people think that sandwiches are healthy, but this has a whopping 32g of fat, but is fabulous. So today, I go to get one: it's gone. Nice blokey behind the counter tells me "zey are not doing it any more." When from? "today." Today was the first day in a more-than-mozarella free world. I am bereft.

Having said that, I am trying to eat a maximum of 35g of fat a day, in a healthy-living bid (but combine that with minimal dairy/wheat/refined carbs, no fizzy drinks, no caffeine, easy on all carbs, actually - well, it doesn't leave a lot apart from rocket salad, lots of water, veggies and humous). So it's a good thing.

How do people get around this: you get up full of good intentions to eat healthy food today, and then by the time you get into town you are hassled and hungry and fat-laden food calls to you, verily, from the shops. What do you do?

No comments: