Monday, February 10, 2003

Yay!
Somebody pretty high up the food chain at London Buses is finally taking me seriously (this is based on the escalation procedure: keep writing to people higher and higher up the organisation, till you get to some god-like figure), and has acknowledged that the shelter is actually quite dangerous, and is going to come and have a site visit with me week beginning 24th February.

These are the points I've asked him to consider:
1 the design of the shelter means that me and my neighbours reguarly almost-knock down pedestrians when driving out
2 the bus stop on Minster Road appeared to replace my bus shelter, which was why I stopped making a fuss
3 the bus shelter on Cricklewood Broadway has disappeared, even though it's outside commercial property, which makes more sense
4 there are now so many bus stops between me and Kilburn station, coupled with single-staffed buses (ie no separate ticket collectors) that it takes longer to go on a bus anyway

You don't have to read that, it's just a list for me to remember. My notebook on the web, or something.

No comments: