Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Murder, She Wrote
Seeing as David's already mentioned it, I might as well say that someone was murdered in the petrol station near my house last night. I'm very freaked out. Also, it's very hard to get around because the Broadway is blocked off and there's traffic all over the shop. I'm a little surprised that I didn't notice it when I went out about 8.30am, but I was going in a townward direction.

Scroll down the Standard piece and read this:
"Local residents claimed crack dealers and addicts had begun using nearby street corners, making the area increasingly violent."

It's just not true - not in a NIMBY/NIMFY way, but in a just not true way. I've lived around here for nearly ten years, I feel safe walking around at night, even if there is a fair amount of local colour. Sure, you see lots of drunk people weaving their way down from Cricklewood when the pubs shut (and many of them congregate at my bus stop), but I've never once seen a drug exchange happen (and I would recognise one). Guess the Standard need to write something, and it can't be "man murdered in boring urban area."

In other news, my back is really hurting, and I'm off to see a cranial osteopath, but I'll have to walk there as there's gridlock due to the murder enquiry.

No comments: