Friday, March 07, 2003

Things I've done recently:
  • The Magdalene Sisters (last night) - or, as it should be more rightly known, the Maudlin Sisters. It's good in a holocaust-movie-no-they-didn't kinda way, but the narrative doesn't really hang together, and there' sno payoff. You go through all their really shit, sadistic experiences, and then: nothing. Geraldine McEwan was fabulous though. Sacry, but great.
  • The Hours - a week or so back, with S - I think I'm the only person I know who didn't enjoy this. Worthly, overhyped, and I could see the join in Nicole's nose.
  • Jewish Book Week - Tom Segev being interviewed by Jonny Freedland. I didn't even know about post-Zionism or the New Historians Went with Jaq, who is back in the country for a week or so, and because I wore my (new, pink, Tevye meets Huggy Bear) hat for fashion reasons, but she wears hers for other reasons, we looked like a hat marketing company.
  • Tupperware party - I misinformed you: they're stopping trading in the UK. Turns out I'm a tuppersoul, in a post-feminist, ironic way, of course.

No comments: