Friday, April 04, 2003

Life Update
I realise that I haven't posted much of interest recently - life seems to have taken over. I'm really busy with work, which is good, but doesn't leave me time for other stuff. Like next week, I had planned a week with me and my laptop somewhere (cheap, probably), and to finish the book, but then a client wanted something in a hurry and I didn't like to let them down. So I'm here. But I'm promising myself (you) that I'll write 1,000 words a day, minimum next week. 5k words by next Friday, do-able, right?

What've I been doing?
  • Working out can you believe? I've been running twice a week, and doing two aerobics classes (Friday morning and Tuesday night). I've become such a regular that I'm no longer the worse person in the class by a long shot, and I try and keep my heart rate above 150.
  • Crossing Jerusalem, not in person, mind. At the Tricycle, last night. Got there a little early to meet S, S, and J, and as I walked in, saw a familiar looking face, so I smiled. Then, I realised it was Lenny Henry. The play's miserable: badly written (four people say "stop f***king with my head" in two hours - that never happens in real life), badly characterised, and can only skim over a bunch of complex issues in the time. Best bit was the betting who was going to end up in the hospital in the last act.
  • failed Lao rolls
  • Rules of Attraction
  • Daredevil
  • New dining room table
  • Day to trip to Sutton Coldfield - for a meeting, but managed to visit the best example of Deco Odeon architecture en route
  • Having a deco-oriented life in general
  • Interviewing for a job I had five years ago - really just because I was curious

No comments: