Tuesday, April 15, 2003

My (not so lost) Weekend
... was fun. Friday night dinner at L&S's, where we were all pretty zonked. But their eight year old son kept saying my conversation (with his mother - house prices, the underground, friends' weddings) was boring. And it might be: not often the truth is told to me by one so young. Saturday it was a toss up between shul and the gym, so I walked to the gym and did a pilates class (on the ball - my abs still ache), and then went to lunch at F&M's in their new, shiny house.

Saturday night, went out for noodles at Wagamama with S and then onto a party in Camden. Wagamama was especially fun: the waiting staff are sexually ambiguous, and we got chatting to the people next to us, who were rather "Camden": one guy had a spiky black mohican with bleached ends, which matched his black jeans with yellow edging. One of the other guys, when he got up, was wearing fabulous red velvet court shoes with his regular male-style clothes (portobello market, if you're interested, large sizes), and we had a long chat about cross dressing. Then onto the party, where people were not so avante-garde, but was upstairs in a very cool bar, with little nibletty-type food (our hostess is a very serious party-giver) and we danced till dawn. OK, 1230.

Sunday, I got up early, because - surreally, see previous post - on Saturday at lunch, some friends had said "we've got our whole family coming to stay, we've got a mattress, does anyone have a 4'6" bed base?" And I said, "yes, I've had my old one under my bed for about four years." So he came round to collect it. What are the chances of that happening? Then I ran around like a headless chicken, packing and running errands, and went to J's birthday in the Landsdowne in Primrose Hill, where I bumped into all my flatmate's friends.

No comments: