Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Pants. Knickers. OK, tights, then.
I didn't buy these, honest, because I'm fairly sure the worthy M&S no longer make them, but when I unpacked my regular tights, they were wrapped around a piece of cardboard that proclaimed:

Slim & Shape
  • 15 denier, soft satin leg and sheer toe

  • Secret microencapsulation of vitamins and minerals continually released on the the skin, smoothing legs

  • Graduated compression to massage and energise legs


  • You know what I'm thinking? My bullshit detector has gone off the scale. I mean, there's even a 6 pair treatment pack". Why go on a diet and exercise regime when you can just wear tights? Day 10 apparently offers you "slimmer and firmer skin with grainy appearance reduced." You can't help asking what happens if you don't have a grainy appearance to start off with. Or, alternatively, if you don't give a shit.

    It's the "tights and beauty treatment all in one". Yeah, right, because I'm always getting a beauty treatment for my legs. Reminds me when Boots used to market their tights as "makeup for legs", which makes it sound like some kind of disability aid. I'm guessing that M&S have stopped peddling this quite ridiculous product because the only reference I can find to it is a September 2002 press release, and even then it's a generic phrase, rather than a product name.

    No comments: