Thursday, May 08, 2003

Ever had, like, one of those days? The bus doesn't stop for you, you leave your travelcard at home, you get to the tube and just missed a train. You can't find your wallet at the bottom of your bag. You forgot that cheque that you've been meaning to pay into your account for three weeks. You know.

Went for a run at 7am, which is about the only good thing I've acheived today. Had a - courtsey - update meeting on my last project, and found out that most of the marketing hasn't been done. Well, not to my satisfaction. A combination of poor project management and a no-can-do attitude, I guess. But it's not great for me if my project isn't a success, so I spent three hours trying to fix it, when I should have been researching the one I'm really paid to do. And of course X didn't take kindly to me calling her skills into question, however charmingly I did it. One of the big reasons I'm freelance is so I don't have to do politics, so when she started baraging me with emails to "prove" the - minimal - work she'd done, I went and sat in Starbucks to cool down. And I forgot to bid in my ebay auction, and can't work out how to automate it, and missed out on a Crown Ducal vase. Still, that £20 can go towards getting my ceiling fixed since our internal rainfall fun.

Also, a friend has persuaded me to do a three-day detox, which includes drinking faux-wheatgrass juice which is bright green, gives me a headache, and makes everyone in my office walk by my desk and say "what's that?"

And then, I'd seen a great skirt in Bulter and Wilson that I thought I might wear for my friends' wedding in six weeks, and I went back today with high shoes, and decided it just doesn't suit me. Worse than that, it makes me look like a rather decorative sari-wrapped Bollywood madame. But blonde. Not a good look. And the sales assistant made me feel that high (or in this case, that wide) by trying it on over her trousers to prove that if I had anorexia and 25" hips, I'd look great in it, too.

I crave sugar.

And I've called thirty people, and still only have the vaguest idea about how to tell a swaption from a volatility smile, or even if I should.

Noodles call. And crap cinema (either Lilya 4 ever, The Heart of Me, or I Capture the Castle - I'll keep you informed.)

No comments: