Thursday, July 31, 2003

Just up against deadlines, that's why I'm quiet. And my PC crashed spectacularly at 3.30 yesterday: spent four hours trying to get Outlook not corrupted, was just about to do a full reinstall, when it miraculously came back .Computers, I'll never understand.

And I'm humming a bunch of Motown classics while I work because I l-uuuuuuuu-rved Standing In the Shadows of Motown so much. The Funk Brothers (well, some of them) live. It's The Buena Vista Social Club without the feelgood ending where they get fame, fortune and recognition. Oh, and from now on you can call me Sasha "Funkadelic" XXXX. (Or possibly Sasha "Chilli" XXXX on account of two recent fabulous batches of X's chilli recipe, replete with chocolate).

Here's what I learned from this film: Bootsy Collins wears outfits that exclusively match my interior decor, and is clearly Prince's alma pater; it's cold in Detroit - no-one took their coat off for the entire movie; Me'Shell NdegéOcello has put on a little weight, and grown her hair; Chaka Khan has a lot of hair, even by my standards; when a filmaker makes a movie with true care and devotion, it's an act of love.

No comments: