Friday, August 22, 2003

Aaarrgggghhh......
So I paid to have someone in my house from 8am this morning, to take delivery of my new PC. Get back now, there's a card through the letterbox downstairs, helpfully timed "AM", and now Amtrak say the next delivery is Tuesday. And the whole point was, that I could set it all up this weekend. The woman I spoke to, she is the supervisor, her manager is on holiday, and he reports to the MD in Bristol, who is - as she so helpfully put it - "too high up the food chain for me to know his name".

This is the worst bit about the twenty-first century. Apart from war, famine and terrorism, of course. I mean, I've got a list a mile long of stuff I need to get done this weekend - writing projects mainly - and I need an un-sellotaped computer to get with the programme.

Bugger.

No comments: