Sunday, August 10, 2003

Right or Wrong?
So my neighbours upstairs - the DJ - put a note under my door at around 5pm saying "sorry about the short notice, but great weather and all that, we're having a party in the (shared) garden tonight. Hope you can make it."

Now they may live in a mellowed-out-whatever kinda way, but I'd invited a small bunch of friends over for an intimate quiet dinner months ago. And my whole flat is vibrating to dub reggae, descarga, and other musical styles best inbibed when a little, er, stoned, frankly. No, they can't move the speakers to the end of the garden, they have to be right outside my back door.

I feel like they're inconsiderate, and actually got quite tearful for about ten minutes till I realised how futile it was (and also had some good advice from my Mum - hello Mum (waves)). If they give me a few weeks notice, I can plan - be there, not be there, whatever, at least I know what's going on. It's not that I'm not spontaneous, it's just that the quiet enjoyment of my home is currently vibrating to a bass beat that goes all the way back to Haille Selaisse (check spelling when less tired.) My friends were cool/understanding about it, though, and I made a bastardised version of Nigella's salmon den miso.

What do you think? (about my neighbours, not the salmon).

No comments: