Tuesday, January 13, 2004

I can't bear how annoying some people are. So I'm doing a piece of work that requires me to deal with estate agents, and I ask a guy to send me some details via email. They can do that. I painstakingly, twice, spell out my email address, Sasha AT mydomain DOT COM. Fair enough. As he said, get one letter wrong, and it's a nightmare.

I chase him three hours later, it's gone, it's gone, he tells me. "Let me check your name, how do I spell your surname?" I spell it. "That's right," he says - wanker - "sasha AT sashalastname DOT COM."

Tell him that's not what I said, and he gets angry with me. "All the phones are ringing, we can't get it right all the time."

Seems like they don't get it right at all. I spend a lot of time chasing people for information, and it hurts, I tell you.

No comments: