Friday, March 26, 2004

Much Vaunted Bus Shelter Update

As we speak, people - men - are removing my bus-stop. My downstairs neighbour is very excited that it has been removed permanently, because she thinks the people in the house next door applied for planning permission to have a dipped kerb, so their cars could get in properly. I know from the Camden people that they chose this exact site because there's no dipped kerb next door, and it gives them better access to the buses. I said, what if they applied for planning permission? The Camden people said "well, they won't get it now."

I suspect that the bus shelter is being removed and will shortly be replaced with what we were promised in May. Or was it July. Anyway, so long ago that the details elude me. One that is two bay (smaller), and doesn't have an advertising panel, so we don't kill people as we reverse into a major thoroughfare. Although we may inadvertantly stop in the bus lane and receive a fine. Talk about living in the fast lane.

Y'know? In some strange way, I've come to love my bus shelter. Perhaps the bus shelter therapy support group helped, some. I think it signifies that which is imperfect/requiring of change in all of us.

No comments: