Thursday, March 25, 2004

So I got up early to work, and then technology conspired against me. On my way to the dentist, I saw a nasty accident (car knocked a couple of motorbike - moderate amount of blood and gore), I stopped, called an ambulance, gave them my number, went to the dentist. Which I hate. Now my technology is teetering back, but I'm behind schedule. In a big way. Rant over.

Accidents: you never really think about the frailty of humanity, in every day life, until you see something. It's just the randomness: say they'd had a longer breakfast, they wouldn't have been there. Say the traffic was different, the car would have gone past already. I like to think that at some point this woman (who probably only - luckily - hurt her leg, but quite badly) will thank me. Because when the 999 people asked me to describe her, I said 40s. But then I heard her husband talking to the first aid people from the West Hampstead fire station (the accident was near that junction with Fortune Green) and he said she was 53.

No comments: