Thursday, April 22, 2004

Oh, Those Modern People

A conversation D and I had last night, over mobile phone, of course:

him: you know that old hotel at King's Cross? There's tours of the inside. Do you want to [do this hip, architecturally obscure thing] on Sunday?
me: like yeah. I so want to do that. They filmed Harry Potter there. I love Gothic.
him: Wanna go? They have two tours on Sundays
me: yeah. How do you find out about it?
him: I get my weekly cultural stimuli from flavour pill, haven't you heard of them?
me: No, I get my daily fix of London's insider informational gems from Urban Junkies. Haven't you heard of them?

We titter at our finger-on-the-pulse contemporary webnettyness.

me: I wonder which one of us will be writing this conversation up on our weblog?
him: I don't have a weblog.
me: Yeah. How did you know I would want to go?
him: we both like weird old architecture things. That's why we're friends.

Meanwhile, I've gone through the flavourpill archives with speed and alacrity, but still can't find the name of the hotel. Anyone?

No comments: