Thursday, April 29, 2004

So, I like to be last to the party, in a Sasha-come-lately somewhat disorganised way.

I have just listened to the Scissor Sisters album for the first time.

I am blown away. I am at a barmitzvah disco in the early eighties. I am Elton John and Billy Joel and all sorts of other uncool people, really. It's all a bit of a blur. I may or may not be wearing velvet pantaloons (which frankly never suited me). I may or may not be into Adam and Ants, too. I am either cool or uncool, it's so hard to tell when you're young. It's dark. People are trying to smoke, but they're not good at it, yet. Jonnie C is wearing makeup, and we all think he's got something to tell us. He turns out to be the MD of an investment bank. The one bloke who's a mod, G, wandering round in a daze, runs a box at Lloyds now. That girl who snogged everyone? She's married with two kids and runs an international advertising agency. There's a fazy, hazy eighties feel about the whole thing. I think I am wearing black platform shoes.

No comments: