Monday, May 10, 2004

And did I say that my Dyson died on Friday about two hours before I had twelve people coming for dinner? Serves me right for only hoovering once a week.

I've had my Dyson coming up for four years. Two years ago something happened and it needed a new motor. It was out of warranty and was supposed to cost eighty quid to fix. Through sheer force of personality I managed to persuade some hapless supervisor that the "adverts speak very highly of it" lifetime style guarantee should last longer than two years. This time, I doubt I can pull the same trick. So if it's eighty quid to repair every two years, then I'm better off buying a cheaper hoover-esque doodar.

Also, just realised that I really need my laptop for the weekend, so am on hold to the Sony Customer Unservice Centre for my twenty-eighth minute to see if they can expedite my call. I suspect not, juding by my experience so far.

No comments: