Sunday, May 09, 2004

Brief weekend update: S's batmitzvah on Shabbat (the first batmitzvah where the celebrant/parents are my real friends, rather than relatives) - it was truly fabulous to see the shul bursting at the seams, and I was genuinely moved to tears during the dvar torah (as were most of the women). Friday night I made a moroccan feast for M&C and their three kids (who were staying with me - we were something of a full house), and M&S and E (who weren't too sure about my calling them S&M last time I mentioned them). M brought Indian mangoes: gorgeous.

Feels like a non-stop party weekend: lunch at S&K's for about twenty plus people, and then ... well, let's just say busy.

Today, a lie-in, and then E's dressy-uppy party and S's partyparty for the batmitzvah - dress code as yet undecided.

I am a party animal. My friends are party people. I'm loving celebrating it all.

No comments: