Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Complaints

So a few people have said that I've not written anything interesting here for a while. It's not personal enough. It's not juicy enough.

Here's what I say. I love to blog. I like emptying my mind of all the stuff that's inside, on a regular basis. A friend calls my weblog "the backchannel to my brain", and in a way, it is. So you see that I've checked out a new laptop, or been eBay surfing, or whatever. But I think the thing is, I'm doing it for me, not for you.

That's not to say that I don't like readers: I love'em. While I'm no longer addicted to watching my stats, I love it when I come back here and there are comments. Because the web is, basically, iterative. I write, you comment, I comment back... it's a process. It's a conversation. Hey, maybe I'm the first person today to say "the web's a conversation."

So while I don't believe I owe you an explanation, I will tell you - if you haven't already guessed - that I have a lot on. Apart from persistent technology failure (PSF) which is time consuming in itself. I have two big projects to complete by the end of May, and articles to write (one just finished yesterday, I'm dead pleased with it)and a... big personal project I'm trying to juggle the time for.

So, busy.

Also, I like it when you comment. I come over all iterative (second use of same word, get me an editor forthwith), and it's just - frankly - nice to know someone's reading it.

In true outrageously busy fashion, I spent last night dispacement-activity-ly tidying my study and threw away three black bin bags of old client files and other crap. I spent most of my last year at school colour-coding my revision timetable, so don't worry, I have a history of this.

Right, must get on with it. Have a nice day. Write me.

No comments: