Monday, May 24, 2004

I wish it to be known that I don't so much have a bun in the oven as six cheesecakes. OK, four, my oven's not that big. Two are going in in the second round.

Yep, it's come round quick: it's cheesecake festival timetime again (aka Shavuot), starting tomorrow night.

Last year, I concentrated my cheesecake on the hallowed N2/N3 postcode area; this year, I've turned my attentions to the NW2/NW6 area. So that's three cakes for my Yom Tov hosts (one each, obviously), and two (one each) for some friendly rabonim. Which leaves one.

For me? Question is, what does an urban girlie on a no-wheat/no-dairy regime (cake has a biscuit base, obviously), do with a cheesecake? If I had better willpower, I could leave it in my fridge for my flatmate/friends. I do, apparently, make superlative cheesecake. I even had special requests, this year. See, I'm crossover: I'm balabosta meets twenty first century ridiculous eating habits. What to do? Answers on a postcard, please...

No comments: