Monday, May 24, 2004

I'm sorry, but I'm just having a Nick Drake kinda day. And because I don't really believe in going back and doing serious edits on my blog - think of me as a work in progress - I'm just going to say now what I should have said this morning.

Great news that Nick has finally got a top forty record, but let's face it, it's thirty years too late. If this had happened in the seventies, he'd probably still be here, right? But then if he was still here, he'd be an ageing folkie, and he'd have to be on ridiculous celebrity cookery shows in the jungle and given that he wasn't that sociable, he'd be a terrible comeback celebrity.

But it still really touches me that he couldn't really handle that people didn't "get" his art, and now that we do, he's not here to enjoy it.

No comments: