Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Moroccan Aromatic Dried Fruit Salad

Well, as you know, I've been all over the shop looking for Momo's dried fruit salad recipe.

I finally snapped this morning. I called the restuarant, and asked someone to read me the ingredients over the phone. Which they very kindly did.

Here's my (slightly amended) version:

the main salad
stoned prunes
dried apricots
dried figs
dried sweetened cranberries
sultanas
grated lemon zest (small amount)

the syrup
some water
orange blossom water
rose water
brown granulated sugar
cloves
cinnamon sticks
grated nutmeg
some lime juice

for decoration
blanched almonds
sesame seeds, toasted

Make the syrup by heating up all the syrup ingredients, and cooking slowly. Strain. Pour over the cut up dried fruit. Decorate with the cinnamon sticks, and if you fancy, almonds and sesame seeds. Make it at least a day before, so the fruits can stew.

If using, sprinke with seeds/nuts just before serving. It's that easy.

No comments: