Thursday, July 01, 2004

This I don't believe.

I am on hold with Crapston & Ridiculous (my mortgage provider) for my tenth minute. Remember last week? Well, I switched to a flexible mortgage, because I'm self-employed and I can set my tax against my mortgage until I have to pay my tax bill.

So I sent off all the paperwork to switch from July 1st, and made a significant overpayment that arrives today. I get a letter this morning telling me I've switched to their two year fixed rate at some stupid rate I would never even go for. And, I'm a flexible kinda gal, a current-account-mortgage-offset kinda gal, but they don't do that and I have slight intertia right now. So this was a good compromise.

Her "system" tells me the paperwork I sent back was for a two year fixed rate. I am looking at my photocopy of the "flexible base rate tracker mortgage" as I type. I'm also feeling (a) hassled, and (b) a little unwell. What if I've imagined this whole thing, even if I have documentary evidence, and they think this is an overpayment and I can't ever get my money back?

I know, I was born to worry, it's my heritage. I'm sure it's fixable (although not fixed, ha ha ha)it's just hassle. And who needs hassle.

On hold update: 14 minutes, and she's still "finding out".

No comments: