Tuesday, October 05, 2004

It's that time of year when I get all phone-upgrade-intertia.

My mobile contract comes up for renewal. If I do the I'm-leaving manouvre, coupled with my monthly (business, OK) spend, I usually get a £100 free. Free; I mean, it's not free, because I pay them loads of money every month. Less free, more like a bribe, in fact.

My avowed strategy of separating my phone from my PDA is looking increasingly dated, I'm told. My view is, less risk, because more items to lose. I might lose my phone but still have my diary. Without wishing to tempt fate, I haven't lost either in a while. I shouldn't say that, should I?

Anyway, now I'm thinking Sony Ericsson P900, getting some cashback for my Nokia 7250i, selling my Palm Vx on eBay, and being a seamlessly intergrated girlie.

Sums go like this: say £20 cashback for my existing phone, £30 for my Palm. New phone/PDA is £150 with a contract, and I can usually get up to a £100 phone "free" (see above). So it should, theoretically, cost me nothing but a bluetooth dongle for like £20.

Waddya think?

In case you are interested in buying my Palx Vx, at some point, it's a little loved, but in good condition. Comes with box, CDs, manuals, leather case, two cradles (one for office, one for home) and a cutesie stylus that's also a pen. Open to offers.

No comments: