Tuesday, October 19, 2004

What's the point in having a blog if you can't have a rant ocassionally?

I know it's a bad day if I start more than three posts with "I can't believe". I'm not shouty, honest.
No, really.

But I've had a lousy day. Yesterday was the first day in a year that I didn't owe anyone any work, which is a fabulous feeling. I have two weeks "off" which are not exactly holiday; more for me to catch up with myself, do some of my own writing, tidy my bedroom. You know.

So my boiler is now fixed, but not without making forty (yep, count 'em) calls, and having to do a fair amount of jumping up and down on the spot. Which was good, because it kept me warm. Someone offered me £30 goodwill payment, which I just laughed at, and I did the only thing that makes me feel better. I wrote it down. I wrote a four page letter, detailing every call, extension number, lie, broken promise, Kafka-esque conversation. It's a masterpiece. I faxed it to the MD, and cc'd it via email to anyone I'd spoken to (about seven senior people).

I feel better already.

Also, I sprained my ankle last year, and it still hurts, and now I'm getting it checked out, and it's possible that I'll have to be in a cast for 4-6 weeks, which does not exactly fill me with excitement. Although Id' probably get a lot of pissing around on the internet done. Which can only be a good thing.

I've got three new pieces of work starting on 1st November, so I should rest up.

C'mon, rest.

Rest.

Quiet.

If only the 450 conversations in my head would quieten down.

I actually cancelled my evening plans tonight - meeting an old headhunting friend for dinner - because I figured I would be miserable company and British Gas obsessed.

I know. Bright idea. I might just go to bed and start again tomorrow.

'Night.

No comments: