Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I read this on heardsaid... about how there's a shop in Wavetree (Liverpool) that only sells printer cartridges. But there's never anyone in it.

Personally, I think it's a cult. There's a lot of these shops about, and there always empty: clearly a cover for something more ominous.

Like on East End Road, in East Finchley, there's one of those next door to a shop me and my buddies have wondered about for a long time: Barbados Only Barbados. It's a travel agent.

- Hello, I'd like to go to Marbella.
- I'm sorry, we only arrange trips to Barbados.

They're kinda empty, too.

I think that stretch of East End Road is dedicated to shops of the one-trick pony, cover for something else. There's another one, I just can't remember the unitary thing it does.

No comments: