Thursday, February 24, 2005

I don't know if Sarah Hiorns has a blog, but she should have. Priceless: All The Hairdressers I Have Ever Been To.

Wish I'd written it. Except my list is way shorter because (a) I am overly precious about my Jewish/curly hair, and (b) could no more turn up in a hairdressers off the street than go iceskating or skydiving. This is a girl who commuted back to Manchester throughout the early nineties (from South East Asia, Europe and the US) to get my hair cut by Tim at New Wave (now called something poncey.) Scrap that - that's what I did till I took up with my new hairdresser in New York. Now there's a commute.

Once, when I lived in Madrid, I got my hair cut at Llongueras, the celebrity hairdresser. And for all their I'm-famous-shit, the haircut was nothing special, and I went back to Tim for repairs.

No comments: