Tuesday, March 07, 2006

So I'm going out of town on a business trip, just booked the ticket on thetrainline, which I've used for years, despite its usability flaws.

And, get this? I book my ticket, check all the boxes, put in my credit card... and then, after the transaction has been sucessful, it informs me that I have paid (past tense) a £1.50 credit card fee.

So I go on saynoto0870, because I don't want to spend another £1.50 finding out why, but the 0207 landline number is just an answerphone, so because I'm a sucker I call the 0870 number, and spend six minutes (60p? the tarrif is well hidden on the telewest phone site) to find out that I can write and complain. No one can tell me why they've started doing this or why they didn't inform me. Then a supervisor in India gets on the line and says it is on the website, and I say it isn't, or if it is, it's really small, and then I think, bugger this, and hangup.

So now I'm £2.10 down and pissed off. Transparent, opensource, they're not.

And the trains don't even run on time.

No comments: