Wednesday, August 30, 2006

So Neil Boorman of Bonfire Of The Brands is going to burn all his branded goods some time next week.

Reminds me a little bit of Michael Landy's 2001 piece, Breakdown. Remember that? It was when C&A closed on Oxford Street, and he took over the building and had loads of people cataloguing all his stuff before he got rid of it.

In other, quasi-relevant googling: Low Budget Life is a kinda anti-consumerism site.

I aspire to a low-budget life. But also, I like nice things. How does one balance things out? I buy way less than I used to, partly because I bought so much before I don't really need anything. But then sometimes, I really want things. But then I realise that more things just don't make you happy. In fact, more things give you maintenance contracts and dry cleaning bills and having to worry about your things.

No comments: