Thursday, November 16, 2006

Well, I've just had (I'm having, actually) a very odd phone call.

My office phone rings, and I'm all "Sasha speaking", but I seem to be party to a woman having a conversation with her work colleagues. Except, she totally rang me. And then forgot she'd made the call? I feel like I'm in the Philadelphia advert or something.

"Did you see the state of the fridge? HP everywhere."

"I can't get those extra two days on my honeymoon."

"I think I'm going to get fired today."

There are also a lot of expletives, and I think I can't (well, I can, but I don't want to) write them on the internet.

Aaaah. Then she mentioned the name of the big cheese. I know him. I know her, kinda. She's a client, of sorts. I carefully hang up the phone, because the last thing I want to do is embarrass her. Although, it is quite entertaining. I didn't know she was getting married. I know a lot now. A lot, I tell you.

Modernity is really all about information. And of course I'm not going to use the information against her. But I could imagine that some people might.

No comments: