Tuesday, April 23, 2002

The best piece of journalism I've ever read (i'm prone to hyperbole, forgive me) was by Malcolm Gladwell: Six Degrees of Lois Weisberg. It later became the basis for his book The Tipping Point. You know the game; six degrees of Kevin Bacon where you prove the connectedness of various people. Connectedness often means widely-interested; it works for KB because he hasn't just been in cowboy westerns... he's genre-defying, and so widely connected.


People often say that to me, but I never believe them. But then stuff happens. Sunday night I went to the movies with O and J, and O's sister C was coming, with her husband R. R turned out to be from Manchester, and his grandmother (who is 96) lived in the same nursing home as my grandma. C&R brough their friends A&H; I grew up with H. On the way in, we bumped into H&M (not the shop) who I'd bizarrely ran into at a friends on Saturday, having not seen them for years.


Today, my back was hurting, and my friend T called and recommended his physio M. Turns out she is someone I was friendly with when I was 15.


Does this all mean anything? No fucking idea.

No comments: