Monday, April 22, 2002

This is - as Meg says - kinda scary. Reminds me of the Surrendered Wife thing that got a lot of press about 18 months ago. Never sure if it's a huge leap for womankind or some kinda post-feminist joke; you decide. I also discovered that you can be Surrendered and Single (though it's not clear who you surrender to). In these feisty self-actualizing times, I have no idea who this is for. It's a little bit Your Grandmother Teaching You to Suck Cxxx (or not)... the Sunday Times reviewed another Rules-a-like yesterday. The world, it's confusing, isn't it?


Lisa Daily, the author, calls herself a Dating Coach. Through the wonder of google, I discovered that there are loads of dating coaches out there, in all shades (gay, christian, whatever). Check out the pics... do any of these (largely) guys looks happy and in love? I think not.


There's coaches for everything now. I'm going to start marketing myself as a Retail Therapy Coach (short lunch hour? shopping objectives to acheive but hard to prioritise? We have just the service you need). Or a Resume (CV) Coach (too lazy to write your own resume? Pay me to do it). A whole new service-culture career beckons.
[via meg]

No comments: