Monday, December 16, 2002

Friday night, went to dinner at L&S's, and had an hysterical time when their kids and their friends did "tricks" and turns. It was all very entertaining. A couple of weeks ago, when I was replete with my new nails, I'd told them about how you have to talk about crap for 90 minutes while a nice girl does the business on you, and L had said that there must be a real market for manicurists who talk about Nietsche and the World Bank. Your basic upmarket, intellectual manicure. It's an idea, no?

Friday, conversation inevitably turned to Jonathan Sacks' book - which is still sitting unopened by my bed, but L is half way through. Another guest, M, said that when we've both finished the book, L will be able to give me a manicure while we discuss the finer points of Sacks' philosophy. Now, that's what I call intellectual.

No comments: