Monday, December 16, 2002

Short Form - the Nail Story
My friend Jamie is always asking me for the "seven inch version" which I think might indicate that I tend to go on some. So here it is: a rather surly Nails Inc woman agreed to refund my money and remove my remaining seven nails at no cost. She tried to persuade me that she'd fix it all at no cost, so I could keep going back to them every two weeks and crossing their palm with more silver, but I declined the addicitive desire to be tied into their pyramid selling-alike operation. What they don't tell you is that they buff (ie file with a rough file) the nails off, and inevitably, file off some of your nail bed. My nails, considering, aren't in too bad shape, but they hurt.

Moral: I'm vainer than I thought. I'm not as high-maintenance as I'd like to be. And, realistically, I'm not that interested in doing something that inculcates a reliance on an external provider and having to make time to sit around and talk crap with a nail technician every 14-21 days.

My sister on the other hand (hello sis!) said she quite liked the relaxation, when she did it, and it was like being in a club in the nail place, and she and a woman - another customer - she met there, used to arrange to have their infills done at the same time so they could catch up.

No comments: