Monday, December 23, 2002

So... a quick Limmud update. There's something very full-on about being with approximately 2,200 Jews for nigh on five days, 24-7. It's good, don't get me wrong, but I find that I feel less sociable, rather than more. So there's lots of people to hang out with - and I had a great conversation in the bar - BarMidBar - with some guy who'd been to Uman and done a bunch of other stuff I was into.

I guess I'm... learning that I'm not as much of a party person as I maybe thought. Maybe I've even lost the art of small talk, who knows. One thing that has happened, is that I suspect the demographic of Limmud has changed over the years - it used to feel like mostly people my kinda age, but as it's got more popular, and people in their twenties and thirties are more likely to arbitrage their holiday arrangements, by the time they get to book, there's no places left. I have run into three people who recongise my family name, and knew my Dad at college. And a whole bunch of distant and not-so-distant relatives.

No comments: