Wednesday, April 30, 2003

I made this bit up...
So I'm at a client site this afternoon, and I get a call from F on his mobile phone.

- Hey, Sasha, how are you?
- Hey, F, you in London? (I'm guessing he is, because it's a UK cellphone number. He lives in NY)
- Yeah, I'm like here, with W, and wanted to know if you wanted to hang out?
- F, why do you talk like that? You're from Manchester.

I can't help thinking that hanging out sounds so... male, frankly.

This bit's true: got home from work, had the last two of my junk-shop-find chairs delivered, did an aerobics class (which may have been a mistake, as my back has been really hurting), and went to hang out with F, W, their cute little J, and S, another Cheadleonion. That's someone originally from Cheadle, as oposed to an onion from Cheadle. Fun, although we realised that we are the grown-ups our parents were when we were kids. And - personally - I'm only seventeen.

And we worked out that it's cheaper to dial-up AOL in NY on a telco account for 2p a minute, than it is to have a regular UK dial-up account at say 3 or 4p for an 0345 number. It's a crazy, miced-up telco world, I tell you.

No comments: