Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Got Those Post Millenial Blues?
Feeling purposeless? Thinking of downsizing? Aren't we all.

Read this piece by Milly Jenkins (who I'm sure must be Milly Molly Mandy's second cousin) in last night's Evening Standard about Common Purpose, a not-for-profit dedicated to inspiring people to do things for their communities. Their website is called JustDoSomething.net. Cool, huh?

In the same vein, there's the Public Appointments Unit, who run this appointments website. And there's a new Office of the Commissioner of Public Appointments, although I'm not sure what the difference is. And, here's the Cabinet Office's agencies and public bodies site. You are verily awash with information.

When I was a kid, a friend of my parents who was Chair of the local NHS Trust, or whatever it was called before regime change, was described by the local paper as having "an outmoded sense of public duty." I may have that, too.

No comments: