Wednesday, April 16, 2003

So I've been dashing around running errands all day, and have nothing interesting to report. My three year old nephew is not entirely sure who I am, because I suspect he thinks I live in the phone. I've made the tableplan for our shul's communal seder tonight: it's an epiphany in pink and purple with seventies style flowers. I quite enjoyed the craft element of it - it's not something I get to do very often.

Quill (sorry, not at home, don't have your link to hand) sent me this piece from The Washington Post about Mimouna, a sefardi (Jews of eastern/african orgin, rather than my ashkenazi, eastern european origins), which is a fascinating post-paschal feast, that, sadly, I've never participated in. When I get home I might post my new-improved recipe for Moroccan couscous. But until then, you'll have to wait.

No comments: