Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Finally lost it with all manner of London Buses people - another, allegedly final, meeting has gone belly-up. Mirabelle (my London Buses contact, not her real name), has more holidays
than I have chicken dinners. But then, I am a vegetarian.

Mirabelle,
When we spoke on Monday, we made a provisional arrangement to meet on Tuesday 29th July, in the morning, with Fred, the "relevant officer" from Camden (whose name you
couldn't remember). You called me at the end of the day to let me know you hadn't reached him yet.

I now receive the email below [saying she's done nothing and is on holiday -again - now]. I called your office and discover you are on holiday till Tuedsay. Is someone dealing with this
matter in your absence?

I reiteriate my point made to you on the phone on Tuesday: I am sick and tired of the way this matter is being dealt with. I have been reasonably and efficient since October 2001. Your office has postponed meetings, and has not been available to meet, sometimes for weeks, sometimes for months. The action points from our May meeting have - largely - disappeared into the ether. The Big Boss has not returned my call since I met him in - I think - February.

If this was a commercial business, you would leave a colleague to deal with such a matter while you are out of the office.

Mirabelle, you are thoroughly charming when we meet or speak, but the inefficiency with which this matter is being dealt with astounds me.

Are we meeting on Tuesday morning, or not? Do I leave this item in my diary? Or will I have to wait another week to organise it when you return to the office.

Regards,

Your Bus Stop Fairy

No comments: