Thursday, August 28, 2003

Computer Update - I spoke too soon
So, even though Evesham emailed me confirming my replacement speakers were going on a pre-10am delivery, when the engineer called me at 9.30 they hadn't arrived yet. When I called the Evesham customer care hotline, I held for three minutes, and then spoke to Esther who told me that a fax had been sent to Amtrak telling them to deliver it "as soon as possible", which, judging by their service so far, could be next week.

She spoke to the same woman in the Amtrak depot I spoke to, who refused to call the delivery driver and find out what time it would get here, so now I have an engineer phoning me back in five minutes, but speakers that won't probably turn up till 4pm.

I kindly told the engineer he might as well go to his other job first, and I'll call him when I know what time the speakers are coming. I'm pretty sure that the chances of Evesham finding out from the woman in the Acton depot exactly what time it'll arrive are about as likely as Geoff Hoon saying it was all his fault really.

I'm trying not to let the stress get to me, but I have work to do, and need my new machine, and have wasted days on this crap. Any job I've had, if I'd treated customers the way I've been treated over this, I'd have lost my job.

Oh, and now it's 20 minutes later, and the Evesham Customer Care manager hasn't phoned me back, quelle suprise, and I'm holding for my ninth minute, and listening to that generic muzak which is loosely based on the soundtrack to American Beauty, but tinny and worse.

No comments: