Saturday, August 02, 2003

"Mr Delmonte, he say yes!": I can breathe again: the client liked it. Did a presentation of my HR stuff Friday afternoon, and they're happy for me to carry on, want me to do an additional project, and even want to pay me more. I don't like disappoint clients.

Saw a couple of other people Friday, and then Friday night "potluck dinner" at a local-ish shul, which turned out to be more fun that I imagined. Met a host of international-stylee interesting people, as well as running into an old friend I've not seen for ages. Third batch of Mexican chilli was my contribution, but it turned out way hotter than I intended, but even though I announced this (I think it's poor form to have people you don't know keel over from eating a dish you made), it all seemed to go, and I even got a couple of compliments.

Had a lie-in this morning, first for ages. It's six weeks exactly since I sprained my ankle, and it still hurts - walking back last night, only a couple of miles, made me realise that it's gonna take a while. Out for supper this evening, and then up at the crack of dawn (no, really, 8.30 flight) to get to Manchester for the day. If you book in advance, flying is the same as the train, and way more efficient. I hope. See you on the other side.

No comments: