Friday, October 31, 2003

Last, night, J and O's Halloween party. Except I thought I was invited round for dinner, so wasn't dressed up, and was quite hungry. Also delayed by cheking if my car worked (I have been too scared to drive it since Monday), but I took advice from S, and checked the oil wasn't milky, and the water was full, and must get my thermostat replaced. I'm a regular little quasi-mechanic now. But the party was fab: many actor/creative types, and pumpkins with candles (and pumkin soup, obviously), and lots of dressing up and green eye make-up.

Oh, and kids games: J came around about 11ish, and said "who wants to play humiliating games?" and with an invite like that, who could refuse?

The Chocolate Game (one foolish person eating chocolate with a knife, fork, hat and gloves), Apple Bobbing (two intimate people getting a headache), and the Flour Game (one stupid person - me - ending up getting a malteser out of a plate of flour).

School night, obviously, but nonetheless impressed my sister when she phoned at 1130 and I was at a party. Londoners, eh?

No comments: