Thursday, July 01, 2004

The last time there was a tube strike - which was I think 2001 - was the last time I was in real, full-time employment. I remember being in the middle of a huge deal, and not wanting to miss a client meeting, calling the day before, yes they were going to be there. I spent two hours getting into town (and I only live in zone two). Turns out the client couldn't make it after all.

Now, it's different. While there are lots of crapette things about being self employed (I am mine own IT, Finance, and HR department, for example, and it's giving me a multiple personality disorder, especially after I did my own performance review), but today was great. I emailed my client I'm working with right now yesterday, no, no big deal to do the update meeting today, they're all going to struggle anyway. Thursday afternoon? No problem?

No comments: